DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Your privacy is important to us. SG Assist’s Personal Data Protection Policy sets out SG Assist Pte Ltd comply with the provisions of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
We want you to understand the way in which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data. This Personal Data Protection Policy sets out:
- Our policies on how we manage your Personal Data;
- The types of Personal Data we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain;
- How we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data; and
- The purpose(s) for which we collect, use, disclose and/ or retain your Personal Data.
You agree and consent to the Company and its representatives in collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
From time to time, we may update this Personal Data Protection Policy to ensure that our Policy is consistent with developments to this Personal Data Protection Policy, updates will be published on our website (www.sgassist.com) Subject to your legal rights in Singapore, the prevailing terms of the Personal Data Protection Policy shall apply.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to the Company in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
In this Personal Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data and/or information about you from which you can be identified by, either (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we may have legitimate access to. Examples of such Personal Data include but are not limited to;
- Your name, NRIC, Passport, or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided in any forms you may have submitted to use, or in any other forms of interaction with you;
- Your photos;
- Information relating to payments or credit recovery such as credit card information;
- Information about your usage and interaction with our mobile application and/ or services such as statistics on page views and traffic to and from our mobile application.
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your Personal Data through the following ways:
- When you submit any form, including but not limited to application and registration forms;
- When you interact with our representatives on/off events such as exhibitions, road shows, etc;
- When you interact with our representatives and Kampong Heroes, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us or use our services via our websites and app;
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data; when you provide documents or information such as First Aid certification or documents indicating that you are an active care coordinator, medical practitioner, etc;
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purpose.
You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
Purposes for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Generally, SG Assist collects, uses and discloses your Personal Data for the following purposes;
- To manage your association with SG Assist as an User, Kampong Hero or Commercial Partners including recruitment, processing and termination of services;
- To assist you with your enquiries;
- To process payment for your purchases and subscriptions;
- To detect, prevent fraud, unlawful or improper activities;
- To managing the administrative and business operations of SG Assist;
- To conduct research, surveys and interviews;
- To keep you updated on our events;
- To monitor or record phone calls and User-Kampong Hero facing interactions for quality assurance, training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes
- To promote complementary products or services to you from business partners with whom we have formed an association
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations
Marketing and Optional Purposes
From time to time, we may contact you via mail, electronic mail, telephone (call or SMS-Text), or social medial platforms, to inform you about SG Assist’s benefits, services and events that we think may be of interest to you.
Please note that we may also send you non-marketing messages such as surveys, customer-service notices and other service-related notices.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed above (where applicable), to the following entities or parties, whether they are located overseas or in Singapore,
- Relevant government ministries, regulators and professional regulatory bodies, registries, statutory boards or authorities or law enforcement agencies to comply with any laws, rules, guidelines and regulations or schemes imposed by any governmental authority;
- Our affiliated caregiving specialists;
- Our commercial product partners;
- Our affiliate credit payment partners;
- Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- Any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data.