SG Assist Pte. Ltd. (UEN: 201841624W), and its related affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “SG Assist“), is the owner and operator of this website or mobile application. In consideration of SG Assist’s acceptance of my registration as a user of the SG Assist mobile application and/or website at https://www.sgassist.com(the “Platform”), the grant of license by SG Assist for me to use the Platform and/or SG Assist’s agreement to make available its service options to me, I hereby acknowledge and agree to abide by the following terms:
- CAPACITY and AUTHORITY . I warrant and represent that I am of legal age and have the legal capacity to enter into these contractually and legally binding Standard Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) and to make use of the service options offered by SG Assist. Where I use the service options offered by SG ASSIST on behalf of an organisation or entity, or to secure goods or services for the consumption of another person, I warrant and represent that I am duly authorised by the organisation or entity or such other person to do so, and in such a case, the words “I”, “me” or “my” used in these Terms shall include such an organisation or entity or such other person so that these Terms, including terms and conditions that limit the liabilities of SG ASSIST, are also legally binding on such an organisation or entity or such other person.
- SCOPE OF SERVICES. I acknowledge and accept that SG ASSIST itself does not provide any healthcare, medical or nursing services and is only:
(A) providing a platform for my access to emergency responders (aka. Kampong Heroes), qualified healthcare professionals, institutions and/or specialists (either in person, by phone, e-mail, tele-conferencing or video-conferencing) (“Healthcare Partners”);
(B) facilitating access to business partners of SG ASSIST or other third parties (“Ancillary Services”) (the services at (A) and (B) collectively referred to as the “Services”);
(C) providing information, articles, content and material on topics such as health, nutrition and care (“Articles”); and (D) offering the sale of medical, nutritional, health, personal care and home care products and services (“Products”).
I have the sole right and responsibility to choose from the service options or Products available to me on the Platform or based on the recommendation of SG ASSIST’s service providers and business partners. I agree and acknowledge that I am solely responsible for any decision or selection made by me in relation to the service options/solutions, Articles or Products regardless of whether or not my decision was based on the recommendation of SG ASSIST’s Healthcare and Service Partners. In this regard I shall at my own cost and expense, verify and check the credentials and reliability of the recommendation, Articles or Products and SG ASSIST shall not have any liability in this regard.
- PROVISION OF MEDICAL SERVICES BY OUR HEALTHCARE PARTNERS. I acknowledge and agree that the Services are provided subject to these Terms. All requests for the provision of the Services shall be communicated by me to SG ASSIST through means as instructed by SG ASSIST. SG ASSIST has no obligation to accept my request for Services and shall have full discretion to decline the provision of any of the Services to me. In the event that SG ASSIST accepts my service request, SG ASSIST shall record the details of the Services requested by me and such a record shall constitute final and conclusive evidence of the Services requested by me under these Terms. While SG ASSIST endeavours to ensure that the Healthcare Partners provide prompt and timely services, SG ASSIST is not responsible for disruptions in the Services or any actions of any Healthcare Partners. In particular, SG ASSIST is not responsible for, and I agree to hold SG ASSIST harmless from and against, the actions or omissions of any third party independent service providers. SG ASSIST shall not be liable for any cancellation or delay of an appointment, consultation or interview with the Healthcare Partner(s) and any consequences or events that may arise pursuant to the scheduling of such appointment, consultation or interview with the Healthcare Partner(s).
- RESPONSIBILITY FOR SERVICES. I acknowledge and accept that SG ASSIST is not responsible, directly or indirectly, for the Services received by me or for the acts or omissions of any Healthcare and Service Partners assigned to me through the SG ASSIST platform. I also acknowledge and accept that SG ASSIST is not a medical or healthcare service provider, that it is my responsibility to monitor the services provided by SG Assist’s Healthcare and Service Partners. If an emergency or urgent medical situation arises in my case, I understand that I should immediately contact the relevant medical institutions for emergency medical care.
- SALE OF PRODUCTS. I acknowledge that all risks in Products purchased by me shall pass to me upon delivery to the address I have provided for delivery or upon acceptance of the Products by myself or my representative. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating any products offered by any third parties whose icons, products or hyperlinks appear on the site. We make no representations, warranties or conditions regarding the offerings of any third party
- INTELLLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS . I acknowledge that the SG ASSIST website(s), blog(s), mobile application(s) and Articles contain material protected by intellectual property rights such as copyright laws, trademarks, and service marks of SG ASSIST and licensors of SG ASSIST (collectively, “ Proprietary Material”), which may include, but is not limited to: knowhow, business methods, databases, proprietary information, text, written works, compilations, software, photos, video, graphics, images, data, music and sound. I agree not to modify, publish, copy, compile, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, in whole or in part, any Proprietary Material without the prior written consent of SG ASSIST.
- NO PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE . I acknowledge and agree that whilst SG ASSIST will use its best endeavours to procure the appropriate Healthcare and Service Partners to address my needs, SG ASSIST does not guarantee that the Articles, Products, Services or the services rendered by the Healthcare and Service Partners assigned to me shall be effective to meet my medical needs or other personal requirements.
- The Products, Articles or Services may include recommendations, but all decisions in connection with the implementation and acceptance of such recommendations shall be the responsibility of, and made by, me. In connection with how and when services are to be dispensed by SG ASSIST or the Healthcare and Service Partners, SG ASSIST shall be entitled to rely on all of my decisions and approvals.
- The Articles, the sale of Products, the performance of the Services and/or the provision of services by the Healthcare and Service Partners do not constitute (i) medical advice or diagnosis; or (ii) a recommendation regarding the treatment of any illness or disability.
- ACCURACY OF INFORMATION. I acknowledge and accept that the satisfactory or adequate performance of the Services and/or the services by the Healthcare and Service Partners are heavily dependent upon me having provided all relevant materials and information and answered SG ASSIST’s questions fully and accurately. SG ASSIST has no responsibility to ensure the accuracy or completeness of the information provided by me even if SG ASSIST had reason to know or should have known of such inaccuracy or incompleteness.
- DISCLAIMER. SG ASSIST shall not be liable for any loss, damages, costs or expenses incurred by me in connection with or arising from the Products, Articles, Services or the services provided by the Healthcare and Service Partners. SG ASSIST shall not be responsible nor liable for any complications (including without limitation medical complications) or other consequences that may arise from the provision of the Products, Articles, Services or from any services provided by the Caregiving Specialist. I explicitly acknowledge and agree that I shall not make any claim against SG ASSIST in relation to any consequences that may arise from the provision of the Products, Articles, or Services by SG ASSIST or the services by the Caregiving Specialist regardless of whether negligence has been established.
- LIMITS ON LIABILITY. Without prejudice to the provisions herein, I hereby acknowledge and agree that in respect of all causes of action which might accrue to me under these Terms (if any), SG ASSIST’s maximum liability (regardless of form of action, whether in contract, tort or otherwise) for all causes of action that takes place during a calendar year shall in no event exceed the total amount of fees paid by me to SG ASSIST during the same calendar year as when the said causes of action accrue. I hereby acknowledge and agree that in no event shall SG ASSIST be liable for any loss of income or profits whether these arise as direct or indirect losses. I further acknowledge and agree that SG ASSIST shall not be liable for any consequential, special, incidental or punitive loss, damage or expense even if I have been advised of their possible existence.
- NO WARRANTY. SG ASSIST, its subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, and suppliers provide the Products, Articles and Services “as is” and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. SG ASSIST, its subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees and suppliers specifically disclaim all implied warranties including warranties of merchantability, performance, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. In addition, no advice or information (oral or written) obtained by me from SG ASSIST shall create any warranty.
- ANCILLARY SERVICES. For providing the Services, SG ASSIST shall from time to time have arrangements/tie-ups with the Healthcare and Service Partners, business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party for the offering of such Ancillary Services that SG ASSIST may from time to time deem fit. These Ancillary Services may be availed by me, at my option at my sole cost and expense. I hereby acknowledge and agree that I shall not make any claim against SG ASSIST in relation to any deficiency or defect in the Ancillary Services provided by the Healthcare and Service Partners, business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party offering these Ancillary Services.
- AGREEMENT NOT TO ENGAGE PROVIDERS OF SERVICES DIRECTLY. I agree: (A) not to by-pass the use of the Platform; and (B) not to engage the Services of Healthcare and Service Partners directly. I acknowledge that SG ASSIST is entitled to terminate these Terms and its relationship with me without prior notice, at any time if I breach the terms of this Clause.
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND RELEASE. In the event a dispute arises between me and one or more of the Healthcare and Service Partner(s), Product manufacturers, business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party, I hereby release SG ASSIST (and SG ASSIST’s officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from any and all claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. SG ASSIST may, for my benefit, try to help me resolve disputes, provided always that, any such assistance is provided only in SG ASSIST’s sole discretion and SG ASSIST has no obligation to resolve disputes between the foregoing parties. To the extent that SG ASSIST attempts to resolve a dispute, SG ASSIST will do so in good faith based solely on SG ASSIST’s policies. SG ASSIST will not make judgments regarding legal issues or claims.
- INFORMATION DISCLOSURE. I hereby represent and warrant that all information and documentation disclosed by me and/or contained in the membership registration form (including without limitation any medical reports and transcripts) are true and correct. I further acknowledge and agree that SG ASSIST shall not be liable for any disclosure that I may make with regard to my medical/confidential/personal/familial information, history or condition or other records as disclosed through direct or mediated means by me to SG ASSIST (“Information”). I agree that SG ASSIST shall have the right to disclose the Information to the Healthcare and Service Partner(s), business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party and their employees as necessary in discharge of the desired Services, in such manner as SG ASSIST may deem fit. I acknowledge that SG ASSIST shall not be liable for non-disclosure or incomplete disclosure of any Information to the Healthcare and Service Partner(s), business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party and their employees, nor shall SG ASSIST be liable for the use, non-use or misuse of Information by Healthcare and Service Partner(s), business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party and their employees.
- INFORMATION STORAGE. SG ASSIST may choose to maintain copies of the Information on a portal (of the Platform) wherein all such Information shall be stored and if so, SG ASSIST may at its discretion grant me a secured access to the portal created by SG ASSIST to ensure easy access to the Information (“ Portal”) and I agree my access to the Information on the Portal shall be in compliance with and subject to these Terms or the separate terms and conditions of use of the Portal, if any, which may change from time to time. I also agree that I shall be solely responsible for any misuse of my access (log in rights) on the said Portal. I acknowledge that I shall at all times provide updated Information to SG ASSIST and SG ASSIST shall, based upon such updates, update the Information stored on the Portal. I further acknowledge and agree that Information provided by me may be stored on third party storage facilities which may not be entirely within the control of SG ASSIST. I hereby give my consent to the storage of Information on such third party storage facilities and shall hold harmless SG ASSIST against any and all claims, costs, losses, expenses and demands arising out of or in connection with the storage of the Information in such third party storage facilities .
- INFORMATION TO AND FROM THIRD PARTIES. I hereby acknowledge that it is necessary for the provision of the Services that SG ASSIST to obtain information from, or provides information to, third parties such as hospitals about me or the persons no whose behalf I am using the Services, and hereby authorise SG ASSIST to do so, and I hereby agree to hold harmless SG ASSIST from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, expenses and demands arising out of or in connection with the same.
- TRANSMISSION OF DATA. SG ASSIST will use commercially reasonable methods to secure the transmission of data over the Internet. I acknowledge and agree that no means of transmission over the Internet can be 100% secure and I shall hold SG ASSIST harmless against any and all claims, costs, losses, expenses and demands arising out of or in connection with the transmission of information I provide over the Internet.
- FEES AND CHARGES. I shall pay SG ASSIST all charges and fees invoiced to me for the provision of the Services within 10 days from receipt of the invoice. SG ASSIST shall have the right to modify the fees and charges in relation to the Services (or any part thereof) and the Ancillary Services that may be available to me through SG ASSIST’s online platform or from the Healthcare and Service Partners, business partners of SG ASSIST or such other third party offering these Ancillary Services, from time to time, without any requirement of giving any prior notice. I acknowledge and agree that SG ASSIST shall be entitled to charge and I shall be liable to pay for the Services according to SG ASSIST’s standard price list from time to time in force (which price list is available for download at https://www.sgassist.com). In the event of any cancellation or rescheduling of any appointment between me and any Healthcare and Service Partners, I agree that SG ASSIST shall be entitled to charge and I shall be liable to pay the prevailing SG ASSIST charges applicable to such cancellation or rescheduling, as notified by SG ASSIST to me in connection with the setup of the appointment between me and any Healthcare and Service Partners. If any fees and charges from me are overdue, SG ASSIST may, at its absolute discretion and without prior notice, terminate these Terms or suspend any Services or the delivery of services by Healthcare and Service Partners.
- ONLINE PAYMENT. I acknowledge and agree that if and when making payment online: (a) I will be taken away from the Platform and directed to the payment gateway used by SG ASSIST, via a secure connection, through which I will provide my credit card or other payment information, so that it may be passed to a third party payment processor for payment; (b) my payments may also be subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third parties; and (c) SG ASSIST will have no access to my credit card or account numbers and information when I make a payment online and SG ASSIST and its affiliates, officers, directors and employees, disclaim all liability in connection with any third party’s use or misuse of the same.
- CHANGE OF TERMS. The availability of Products and the Services provided by SG ASSIST and the terms and conditions herein are subject to change by SG ASSIST, without any requirement of giving prior notice to me. SG ASSIST further reserves the right to modify or terminate any Service, Ancillary Service, Product or Article (including without limitation their provision thereof) for any reason, without notice, at any time.
- TERM AND TERMINATION. SG ASSIST reserves the right to terminate these Terms and its relationship with me without prior notice, at any time.
- FORCE MAJEURE. SG ASSIST shall not be liable for its failure to perform under these Terms if such non-performance results from the occurrence of any force majeure events like acts of God, fire, wars, sabotage, civil unrest, labour unrest, action of statutory authorities or local or central governments, or change in laws, rules and regulations, affecting the performance of SG ASSIST.
- CONFIDENTIALITY. I agree to keep strictly secret and confidential, and shall under no circumstances disclose to any third party or entity, any information obtained by me in the course of receiving the Services including the names and particulars of Healthcare and Service Partners or the parties providing the Ancillary Services, unless with the prior written consent of SG ASSIST.
- GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION. These Terms are governed by the laws of Singapore. I agree to submit any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms, to arbitration in Singapore in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC Rules”) for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause.
- ASSIGNMENT. SG ASSIST shall have the right to assign these Terms without my prior written consent.
- SEVERABILITY. If any provision, hereunder becomes, in whole or in part, invalid or unenforceable but would be valid or enforceable if some part of that provision was deleted, that provision shall apply with such deletions as may be necessary to make it valid. If any court or tribunal of competent jurisdiction holds any of the provisions, hereunder unlawful or otherwise ineffective, the remainder shall remain in full force and the unlawful or otherwise ineffective provision shall be substituted by a new provision reflecting the intent of the provision so substituted.
- NOTICES. Any notices or other information required or authorised by these Terms to be given by either Party to the other may be given by hand or sent (by pre-paid post, facsimile transmission or comparable means of communication) to the other party at such address (including electronic mail address) as may be notified by the party concerned in writing from time to time.
- RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES. These Terms is entered into by the parties hereto exclusively for the benefit of the Parties hereto. Nothing in these Terms shall confer or be deemed to confer any right or benefit on any third party (including any third party identified or introduced by me for the purposes of these Terms) and nothing in these Terms shall be enforceable or relied upon in any way by any third party against any party hereto. Notwithstanding any provision herein, the parties hereto may at any time and from time to time, by mutual agreement, vary or rescind these Terms without the consent of any third party.